Bumper Stickers That Stick
Over the years people have found many inventive ways to share their faith with others. One of the things they have done is use the bumper of their car as a means to convey the truth. This was done through bumper stickers. Some of them are clever or humorous, like, “Bumper Stickers are for losers.” So I like to call them bumper snickers. Keep in mind they are not good to eat. From materials and ideas developed during World War II, came the idea of using these vinyl adhesive messages on the bumper of cars in the late forties. One of the first was used for a tourist attraction: “See Rock City.” The first political bumper stickers were used in the presidential election of 1952. Religious bumper stickers have been used for about a long. The most popular ones are the “Jesus fish” and the “Darwin fish” bumper stickers which argue for and then against evolution.
Below are just a few bumper sticker message which I have come across over the years.
- Be Fishers of Men…. You catch ’em, He’ll Clean ’em.
- Do you follow Jesus this close?
- A family altar can alter a family.
- God answers knee mail.
- Don’t put a question mark where God put a period.
- Don’t wait for 6 strong men to take you to church.
- Exercise daily. Walk with the Lord!
- Forbidden fruits create many jams.
- Give Satan an inch and he’ll be a ruler.
- God doesn’t want shares of your life; He wants controlling interest!
- Having truth decay? Brush up on your Bible!
- Man’s way leads to a hopeless end! God’s way leads to an endless hope!
- Nothing ruins the truth like stretching it.
- Don’t drink and park. Accidents cause people.
- The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not protect you.
- WARNING: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning!